- LA partners with PulsePoint to empower residents to help save lives.
Mayor Eric Garcetti and the fire chief unveiled a smartphone app Wednesday that alerts people with CPR training if someone in a nearby public area is suffering from cardiac arrest and needs their help.
The PulsePoint app sends alerts to its users at the same time fire department dispatchers are notifying emergency crews; guides users through the CPR steps; and also shows the location of nearby defibrillators.
- Hello Branford family!
Here is a quick reminder of the upcoming programs being offering for this week...Spring Baseball/Softball registrations begin THIS SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 7TH! Also, they are registering for LA Kids. Classes start this week. Please keep in mind space is limited for all programs so make sure to register early!
- As the City’s imported water supply becomes more critical, so does the need to expand our local, sustainable water resources, including water recycling. Water recycling offers a reliable, economically feasible and environmentally sensitive way to augment the city’s water supplies. Recycling programs treat wastewater so that it can be used safely for irrigation and industrial purposes, groundwater replenishment, as a barrier against seawater intrusion and for other beneficial environmental uses.
Los Angeles has used recycled water since 1979 for ...more
- Mayor Eric Garcetti, the Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC), and the U.S. Department of Commerce announced today that the first annual National Aerospace Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Exposition will be held in Los Angeles. This is the first stand-alone FDI event in the United States co-sponsored by the Commerce Department that will focus on a single industry: aerospace manufacturing.
The Mayor and LAEDC collaborated last year to bring the exposition to Los Angeles, working jointly to find ...more
- LOS ANGELES — For a limited time, the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) is offering a $10 bill credit for new paperless billing customers. Customers who currently receive printed LADWP bills, and who sign up for paperless billing through ladwp.com, will receive a $10 credit on their next bill.
Paperless billing is a secure, convenient and environmentally-friendly billing option. Once enrolled, customers will receive bill notifications via email. This will reduce paper clutter, help decrease the environmental impact ...more
- From http://www.postperiodical.com/assemblyman-raul-bocanegra-concedes-race-patty-lopez/
Patty Lopez, a mostly unknown candidate from San Fernando, has defeated incumbent Assemblymember Raul Bocanegra (D-Pacoima), according to the official election results released Monday.
Patty LopezLopez led by 182 votes on election night and won by 467 votes with provisional and mail-in ballots counted. Bocanegra said he will not ask for a recount.
“While the vote tally is incredibly close, it is clear that my opponent will be victorious by the narrowest of margins,” he ...more
WHAT IS THE ARLETA NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL?
The ANC was certified in October of 2002 by the Board of Neighborhood Commissioners (Commission). The board of directors is involved in an advisory capacity with the City of Los Angeles including zoning, land use and development plans, citywide budget planning and working with city departments. They are able to officially address the community’s issues with Governmental officials and city departments. Each year the board approves an annual operations, outreach and community improvement budget of $45,000.00.
YOU, as an ANC stakeholder, may be elected to the Board, attend the public meetings to gain information, hear diverse opinions, and foremost, to express concerns, potential solutions and ideas to the ANC Board of Directors, who are empowered to take appropriate advisory action.
WHAT CAN A STAKEHOLDER DO?
Membership in the Arleta Neighborhood Council is open to all Community Stakeholders. A Community Stakeholder is defined as an individual who lives, works, or owns a business or property, within the ANC boundaries. In addition, stakeholders are those persons involved in community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, schools, parks, senior-groups, youth-groups, or can declare a factual basis.