- Dear Friends:
On behalf of Mayor Eric Garcetti, I invite you to nominate or recommend a few passionate students to partake in the Mayor's Youth Council. We are looking for highly motivated 10th and 11th graders who are interested in civic engagement, community and youth issues, and the municipal government system.
Each of Los Angeles’ eight areas (East Valley, West Valley, South L.A., Downtown, Eastside, Harbor, Westside, and Central) will have its own Youth Council made up of around ...more
- LOS ANGELES — For a limited time, the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) is offering a $10 bill credit for new paperless billing customers. Customers who currently receive printed LADWP bills, and who sign up for paperless billing through ladwp.com, will receive a $10 credit on their next bill.
Paperless billing is a secure, convenient and environmentally-friendly billing option. Once enrolled, customers will receive bill notifications via email. This will reduce paper clutter, help decrease the environmental impact ...more
- From http://www.postperiodical.com/assemblyman-raul-bocanegra-concedes-race-patty-lopez/
Patty Lopez, a mostly unknown candidate from San Fernando, has defeated incumbent Assemblymember Raul Bocanegra (D-Pacoima), according to the official election results released Monday.
Patty LopezLopez led by 182 votes on election night and won by 467 votes with provisional and mail-in ballots counted. Bocanegra said he will not ask for a recount.
“While the vote tally is incredibly close, it is clear that my opponent will be victorious by the narrowest of margins,” he ...more
- As California continues to weather through the drought, the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power's Water Conservation Response Unit (WCRU) is stepping up public education and enforcement of the water conservation ordinance with three additional staff members and specially marked vehicles. The additional staff has already begun patrolling the city of Los Angeles for water waste and responding to tips provided by phone, email and through social media.
LADWP's General Manager Marcie Edwards says, "The WCRU will help ...more
- Los Angeles: Today, Los Angeles Police Commission President Steve Soboroff stated the following:
Today, my fellow Commissioners and I completed the process of reviewing Chief Charlie Beck's request for a second five-year term, and we granted him that request in a 4 yes and 1 no vote.
We received a great deal of help in our decision making process, and that help came from the people of Los Angeles. I want to thank each and every person who sent ...more
- Over 80% of the LADWP’s water is imported. In response to diminishing supplies due to environmental issues in the delta and local droughts, the City of Los Angeles has adopted several water conserving ordinances. Learn how you can make a difference and conserve water. Find out about what is required to do your part, how you can apply for variances, and access quick facts and tips.
The City of Los Angeles Water Conservation Ordinance limits outdoor watering with sprinklers to ...more
WHAT IS THE ARLETA NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL?
The ANC was certified in October of 2002 by the Board of Neighborhood Commissioners (Commission). The board of directors is involved in an advisory capacity with the City of Los Angeles including zoning, land use and development plans, citywide budget planning and working with city departments. They are able to officially address the community’s issues with Governmental officials and city departments. Each year the board approves an annual operations, outreach and community improvement budget of $45,000.00.
YOU, as an ANC stakeholder, may be elected to the Board, attend the public meetings to gain information, hear diverse opinions, and foremost, to express concerns, potential solutions and ideas to the ANC Board of Directors, who are empowered to take appropriate advisory action.
WHAT CAN A STAKEHOLDER DO?
Membership in the Arleta Neighborhood Council is open to all Community Stakeholders. A Community Stakeholder is defined as an individual who lives, works, or owns a business or property, within the ANC boundaries. In addition, stakeholders are those persons involved in community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, schools, parks, senior-groups, youth-groups, or can declare a factual basis.