Homeless Count 2017 – Volunteers Needed
The 2017 Homeless Count is looking for volunteers for this year. Please see the information below.
Los Angeles County has the highest unsheltered homeless population in the nation, but we don’t have to accept homelessness as an insolvable problem. Together, we can help end this.
All across Los Angeles, every January, we embark on a three-day mission to count our homeless neighbors. We are gearing up for the 2017 Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count – January 24-26. Honor this season of good works and gratitude by pledging your time as a volunteer – it’s a meaningful way to make a difference. If you want to participate in the San Fernando Valley, our count is on Tuesday, January 24, 2017, so please take note.
Registration is open at www.theycountwillyou.org
Some basic information on the count
- Expect to arrive to your site location between 7:30-7:45 p.m.
- Be trained to go out and participate and conduct homeless count
- Light refreshments will be provided
- Go out, have fun
- Be done by 12 a.m.
With your help, this past January, we conducted the largest homeless census in the nation. Together, more than 7500 volunteers counted 100 percent of the Los Angeles Continuum of Care’s census tracts and completed more than 5000 demographic surveys – a powerful demonstration of hands-on community engagement in the fight to end homelessness- Let’s do it again!
You can also help by –
- Becoming a Homeless Count ambassador. The site has a host of promotional materials that you can share across your networks, including downloadable posters, flyers, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram content – so spread the word!
- Following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to stay up to the moment on news and updates. Make sure and tag us in your posts and tweets #theycountwillyou
- Enlisting community groups and businesses to lend their promotional support and offer in-kind donations to support our volunteers.
- Engaging in activities year-round. Check our community calendar to find organizations offering volunteer activities throughout the year. Does your organization need volunteers? Add your event or activity and we’ll post it and help spread the word!
Volunteers are the backbone of the Homeless Count – thank you in advance for lending your time and talents to this important event.
Sign up today, because everyone counts, no matter where they live.